At Dare 2b HQ we love Rise Festival. I mean come on, it’s a ‘Party On Top of the World’. A week in the Alps with like-minded strangers (that soon become friends). Snow, adventure, music and major chill time - pretty much all the best things wrapped up in one big present the week before Christmas.
Here’s why this year's festival set atop Les 2 Alpes was epic.
- The best snowfall for twenty years. 220km of sensational pistes. Wide, scenic runs for beginners, loads of Black Runs and the largest off-piste field in France. Winner.
- Ice Cave Mediation - a magical meditation session in an ice cave. Ten out zen. Totally unforgettable.
- Bongo’s Bingo, the legendary night from Liverpool was too good. Think two guys dressed as grannies, a game of bingo and complete silliness (catch them on tour next year if you can).
- Craig David on the main stage. Enough said.
- Sitting in the sunshine with a beer and BBQ while Team GB did tricks on the slopes. Just like Ski Sunday, but even better.
- Bottomless brunch with friends. Alpine food and never-ending glasses of beer, wine and genipi. Yessssss.
- Group yoga sessions at the highest point on the mountain (views of dreams).
- Taking selfies on the big gold chair at Panobar then going dancing.
- Getting up early on the 5th day and having the mountain pretty much to yourself.
- Going on holiday with all your mates the week before Christmas is up there with the best things to do ever.